Northborough, Mass- The Lynx swept the Hawks in their conference series with a 14-3 victory Monday afternoon. With the win, the Lynx improve to 15-5 overall and 7-1 in NECC play, and the Hawks slide to 7-15 overall and 4-5 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx kicked off the scoring early in the first inning with an RBI double from Justin Clark.
- The Hawks were able to take the lead in the bottom of the third with a two-run homer from Cameron Plank to drive in Kevin Perez and make the score 2-1. They tacked on their third and final run in the third inning with a RBI single from Tanyon Ventres.
- In the top of the fifth inning the Lynx tied up the score off of two errors. They were able to surpass the Hawks with a sacrifice fly from Jacob Cervantes to drive in Vincent Taliercio, making the score 3-3.
- With two outs down early, the Lynx put up five runs in the seventh inning, highlighted by J.P. Agiorgousis's two-run homer to drive in Christopher Papallo.
- In their final inning, the Lynx tacked on three more runs with RBI's from Agiorgousis and Will Rhone.
- Eight separate batters hit RBI's for the Lynx. Vincent Taliercio went three for five with one double, one triple, and one RBI.
- J.P. Agiorgousis went two for five with one double, one homerun, and three RBI's.
- Colin Reed is credited with the win, pitching four innings and allowing only one hit while striking out three batters.
The Lynx are back on Wednesday April 11th at Bunkerhill Community College for the rubber match against Newbury College.