Nashua, N.H.--The Lesley men's basketball swept the 2017 Rivier Tip-Off Classic with a defeat over Unity College. The Lynx move above .500 sitting at 2-1 overall while Unity dropped to 1-6 on the year.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Lesley came out hot with a pair of threes from Joey Martin and Will Gibson. Unity brought the deficit within as low of four, 21-17. However, the Lynx continued to dominate the half as finished off on a 11-5 run.
- The Lynx outscored the Ram's 32-22 in the first half giving them a 10-point advantage going into the break.
- Sophomore Sam Napper exploded off the bench grabbing nine rebounds for the Rams.
- Ethan Bender, 13 points, helped lead the Rams to a 9-0 run of their own to come within eight, 47-39.
- Unity battled back in the second half outscoring the Lynx 32-29 but it was not enough to come home with the victory.
- Lesley shot 40.7% on the day and brought down 47 boards compared to Unity's 32.
THE INSIDE SCOOP:
"It was a good team win for us. We were able to establish our game early and survive some tough runs from them to grind out a win. The Back to back games this weekend were a great test for us and we're looking forward to getting back to practice on Monday," says head coach Chris Giordano.
Joey Martin- 11 points, 9 rebounds
Charlie Reznikoff-11 points
Marquise Johnson: 5 assists
Ben Denoncour: 14 points
Ethan Bender: 6 rebounds
Dan Suehiro: 4 assists
Lesley travels to Wentworth Institute of Technology on Tuesday November 21. Game time set for 7:00 p.m. Unity finishes off the 2017 Rivier Tip-Off Classic as they take on Rivier University.