NORWICH, CT: Lesley University's Men's basketball team was victorious on Saturday night in a non-conference match-up at Norwich University, 65-55. The Lynx were led by Xeo Golding who scored a game-high twenty-one points with eighteen coming in the first half. Additionally, Golding added four rebounds and two blocks to his game totals. Marquise Johnson had an impressive all-around-game for the Lynx with ten points, five rebounds and five assists. Ryan Booth led the Cadets with ten points and five assists. Charlie Reznikoff sparked the Lynx with nine points in the second half to secure the 65-55 victory. With the win the Lynx improve to 4-2 on the year while Norwich drops to 0-4.
Xeo Golding – 21 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks
Marquise Johnson – 11 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Charlie Reznikoff – 11 points, 2 rebounds
Ryan Booth -10 points, 5 assists
Daniel Haimes – 9 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
Joe Bertrand – 8 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assists
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- The Lynx trailed 17-15 in the first-half, until Golding drained five consecutive three-pointers for the Lynx to give them a 30-25 lead heading into the second-half.
- Xeo Golding shot an impressive 7-11 from three-point range totaling his game-high 21 points.
- Will Gibson contributed 5 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Teammate Joey Martin added 4 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
- Lesley out-shot the Cadets from the field 44.9% (22-49) to 37.9% (22-58).
- The Lynx worked hard through-out the game to get the free-throw line and shot 76.5% (13-17) from line as oppose to Norwich's 50% (2-4).
- The Lynx started to pull away in the second-half after going on 13-3 run to start the half.
- Charlie Reznikoff was able to seal victory for the Lynx making key free-throws down the stretch.
THE INSIDE SCOOP:
"Tonight was a great team win," said head coach Chris Giordano. "We knew we'd face some adversity on the road so we really buckled down on defense and tried to control the game against Norwich. They're so disciplined and strong, so we're glad to come away with a win and play tomorrow for a tournament hampionship."
Lesley advances to the Championship game of the Hockenbury Classic, Sunday November 3rd at Norwich University with a time and opponent to be announced.