LEICESTER, Mass. – The Lesley Lynx drop their first New England Collegiate Conference match to the Becker Hawks Tuesday evening at Leicester Gymnasium 74-47. With the loss the Lynx slide to 0-6 and 0-1 in NECC, and the Hawks improve to 2-5 and 1-0 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Becker's Dewayne Thomas scored the first two buckets of the game, but Lesley's Chase Howard responded with a triple to get within one.
- Becker then went on a 12-3 run and held a 15-6 advantage just under five minutes into the game. The run proved to be enough for the Hawks as they did not let the Lynx get within ten the rest of the way.
- The Hawks held a 19-point lead at the half heading into the intermission 33-14.
- The Lynx slid to a 28 point deficit in the second half and wasn't able to close the gap to end the game at 74-47.
- Lesley's Treyvon Trent scored a team-high 18 points in the setback, while Joey Martin recorded 15 points and a team-high six rebounds.
- Becker's Mateus Ribeiro recorded his first collegiate double-double as he put up 12 points and 12 boards in the win.
- Kareem Davis scored a game-high 21 points, while dishing five assists, and forcing five steals.
- Overall, the Hawks shot 45% from the field compared to Lesley's 30%, while the Lynx held the advantage from long range 26% to the Hawks's 13%.
The Lynx are back home at Medford High School Thursday December 6th, for a non-conference matchup against Suffolk University.