Cambridge, MA: Lesley welcomed Emerson College to Nicholas Athletic Center on Tuesday, April 17 for a nine match series. The visiting school claimed all three of the doubles contests before coming out on top 5-1 in the singles matches. Lesley's sole match winner was William Sgro who claimed a straight sets victory. Lesley is now 1-5 in 2018 while Emerson's victory in Cambridge leaves them with a 2-11 record.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Lesley was defeated in all three of the doubles contests; 8-5, 8-2, 8-5.
- In the opening doubles match, Niko Marcolini could only claim one game as he was defeated in two sets by Emerson's Daniel Okin.
- Beowulf Urban was pitted against the Lions Brock Higley. The Lesley sophomore was beaten 6-2, 6-0.
- The third singles match of Gerry Chica for the Lynx up against Emerson freshman Thomas McCorkle. McCorkle did not concede a game in the opening set before taking the second set 6-2.
- Lesley's William Sgro claimed his singles event against Bernando Garza in straight sets; 6-4, 6-3.
- The Lynx's Evan Flaherty encountered the Lions Dylan Freedman in singles fare. Freedman won the opening set 7-6 after a tie-break before comfortably taking the second and final set 6-1.
- In the final singles match of the evening, Lesley sophomore Patrick Corcoran was beaten 9-7 by Emerson's Shawn Lee.
Lesley travels to play Becker College on Friday, April 20 at 3:30pm.