Cambridge, Mass- The Lesley University Men's Volleyball team dropped their fourth match of the young season in 3 sets at Pine Manor College. Despite the loss, the Lynx showed some fight with close opening and closing sets, only trailing the Gators by 2 points in each.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Armando Bahena opened the scoring on the night with a kill to give Lesley an early 1-0 lead.
- William Sgro, Karuna Chiemruom, and John Gersbeck each chipped in kills for the Lynx to help keep the match close.
- A Gator kill by Derick Speight gave them a 14-13 lead, but a monster kill by Gersbeck tied it up for Lesley and kicked off a 4-1 run in favor of the Lynx, 19-17.
- Pine Manor finished the first set with back to back kills for the win 26-24.
- The second set saw similar back and forth action until the Gators went on a 9-0 run, good for a 20-13 lead.
- Gersbeck was able to chip in a kill for Lesley in the dry offensive spell but the home team went on to claim set two 25-17.
- Lesley showed some more offense in the final set with kills from Gersbeck, and Steven Newman.
- A service ace from Sgro tied the set up at 24 a piece, and then a Pine Manor attack error gave the Lynx a 25-24 lead.
- Three attack errors in a row by Lesley gave Pine Manor the final three points of the match, and the right to the victory on the night.
- Gersbeck lead the Lynx with 7 kills on the night. Chiemruom lead the defensive attack with 6 digs.
Lesley next travels to Eastern Nazarene College on Saturday March 3rd with a 1pm start time.