Beverly, MA: Lesley was defeated in both games of their conference double-header against Endicott College on Monday, April 9. Endicott claimed the first game with sets of 25-8, 25-0 and 25-9. The Gulls also failed to drop a set in the following game in which they won 25-8, 25-8, 25-6. Lesley is 0-18 overall this season and 0-12 in the NECC. Endicott have been impressive this season and boast an overall record of 22-3 and a perfect 12-0 in conference play.
GAME 1- INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Endicott raced into a 6-0 lead at MacDonald Gymnasium. Their run came to an end when Troy Riorden committed an attack error.
- Lesley's first kill of the set came from outside hitter Cesar Neves, who was assisted by John Gersbeck. Gersbeck was also the provider for Lesley's next score, a kill from junior Steven Newman.
- Gersbeck continued to assist his teammates as he set up Alexander Genova for Lesley's sixth point of the set. The Lynx would only score two further points as the Gulls cruised to a 1-0 lead with seven and four point runs in the remainder of play in the first set.
- The second set was a complete whitewash as Endicott scored 25 unanswered to take a 2-0 lead in the game. Troy Riorden scored with seven kills in the one-sided second set.
- Lesley was level at 2-2 in the third set following attack errors by Endicott pair Gabe Felicetti and Matt Bozek.
- The Lynx's next three points were all kills from Newman (two) and Neves with Gersbeck the provider for all three scores. At that stage, Lesley was right in contention as they trailed just 6-5.
- Endicott upped their performance and tagged on the next 11 points to go 17-5 clear. Lesley's four remaining scores in the set were made up of two attack errors and two service errors as Endicott cruised to claim the final set by 16 points.
- Newman was Lesley's most impressive performer of the opening game with three kills.
GAME 2- INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley endured a tough start to the second game of the evening as Endicott surged clear with an 11 point run. Gabe Felicetti scored with three kills during this period of dominance for the Beverly school while Devin Racey converted three service aces.
- Server Devin Racey conceded Endicott's first point of the game with a bad set and Lesley extended their streak to three points following a pair of attack errors by Matt Bozek.
- Endicott responded with eight of the next nine scores with their only fault being a service error from Matt Bozek. Lesley scored just four more points in the maiden set with their final score coming courtesy of an Alexander Genova service ace.
- The Lynx were level at 2-2 in the second set with their two early points arriving due to attack errors by Tim Fieseler. A kill by Alexander Genova from a John Gersbeck set-up left Lesley 7-4 adrift.
- The Gulls stretched clear after Genova's kill with a seven point streak that included four kills from middle blocker Gabe Felicetti. Lesley's four remaining scores of the second set consisted of three service errors and one attack error.
- Lesley was competitive in the early stages of the third set as they found themselves just 4-3 behind. Their three early scores came from a Steven Newman kill and service ace, and a Genova kill.
- Endicott dominated the third set and achieved runs of seven, nine and four points to take the third and final set by a comfortable 19 point margin. Cesar Neves scored Lesley's final kill of the evening after he was set-up by Gersbeck.
- Connecticut native Alexander Genova was Lesley's best perfomer in the second game of the night with two kills and one service ace.
Lesley concludes their 2018 campaign with a non-conference game at Chestnut Hill school Pine Manor on Tuesday, April 10 at 6pm.