Worcester, Mass- The Lynx took two huge victories over conference foe Becker Hawks Sunday April 8th. The Lynx dominated the first game 15-2, and then earned the 9-6 victory in the night cap. The conference sweep improved the Lynx to 10-4 overall and 4-0 in NECC play, while the Hawks slide to 6-10.
GAME 1: INSIDE THE BOXSCORE, Lesley 15 - Becker 2
- The Lynx kicked off scoring early with a two run-homerun from Ashleigh Acker in the top of the first. Later in the inning, Jordan Raab reached on a suicide squeeze that to drove in Jordan Day and Riley Pickett to make the score 4-0. In the bottom of the inning, the Hawks were able to tack on a run with an RBI single from Sarah Ellis.
- In the top of the second inning, the Lynx went down with two outs early, but were still able to double their runs. Riley Pickett, Jordan Day, and Juliana Cecere all had RBI's to bring the score to 8-1.
- Lesley added two more runs in both the third and the fourth, while the Hawks added their final run of the game in the bottom of the third when Alyssa Columb had an RBI walk.
- The Lynx continued their scoring spree adding their last three runs of the game in the top of the fifth inning to end the game early.
- The Lynx had nine batters with RBI's for the day, but the offense was led by Ashleigh Acker who went 4 for 4 with three doubles, three RBI's, and one homerun.
- Riley Pickett, Jordan Day, and Kristen DiCicco all went 3 for 4.
- Jordan Day gets the win, pitching four innings and allowing four hits, two earned runs, and striking out four batters.
GAME 2: INSIDE THE BOXSCORE, Lesley 9 - Becker 6
- The Lynx kicked off scoring early in the top of the first inning. Ashleigh Acker hit a double to right field to drive in Courtney Goggin, and later Jordan Day hit an RBI single to drive in Acker.
- In the next inning, Riley Pickett hit her second career home run to drive in Acker and bring the score to 5-0. At the bottom of the inning, the Hawks added two runs with a homer from Samantha Lee and a single RBI from Alyssa Columb.
- At the top of the third, Jordan Raab hit a solo homerun to make the score 6-2. Later in the inning, Kristen DiCicco hit a triple to drive in Abby Henderson, and Theresa Pereira bunted to drive in DiCicco. Sarah Ellis was able to tack on another run for Becker when she stole home in the bottom of the inning off a pick off attemp from the Lynx defense to make it 8-3 going into the fourth.
- Senior Courtney Goggin ripped a two double to score DiCicco in the fifth to give Lesley a 9-3 cushion into the seventh inning.
- The Hawks were able to rally in the bottom of the seventh inning to make the game 9-6. Vaisa Murphy hit a sacrifice fly to drive in Samantha Lee and leave two on base. Next at bat, Samantha Buzgo was able to hit a single RBI to drive in two runners. The Hawks left two on base with one out, but were shut down by Lesley ace Jordan Day.
- Courtney Goggin led the offense going 3 for 4 with two doubles and one RBI.
- Jordan Raab and Riley Pickett each had a homered in the game.
- Jordan Day gets her second win of the day, pitching a complete game. She allowed 11 hits, 5 earned runs, and struck out 5 batters.
The Lynx are back on the diamond tomorrow for a non-conference double header against Suffolk University on Monday April 9th at 3:00 pm.