Cambridge, MA: Lesley split a conference double-header with Connecticut school Mitchell College at St Peter's Field on Saturday, April 14. Lesley claimed the opening game, consisting of just five innings, 8-0. Mitchell, fromresponded to take a high-scoring second game 17-12. Lesley is now 12-10 overall in 2018 and hold a 5-1 record in the NECC. The Mariners move to 9-13 overall in this campaign and 5-3 in conference.
GAME 1-INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- At the bottom of the third inning, shortstop Ashleigh Acker hit a double to center field for an RBI with Courtney Goggin scoring the first run fof the game.
- Ashleigh Acker scored Lesley's second run in the same frame after an RBI by Riley Pickett who advanced to second base on the throw.
- The Lynx added five runs in the bottom of the fourth. Catcher Juliana Cecere scored an unearned run on a passed ball. Goggin claimed an RBI with a groundout to the Mitchell shortstop which resulted in Abby Henderson landing on third base and senior Theresa Pereira scoring Lesley's fourth run of the contest.
- Henderson scored a run after an Acker RBI who advanced to second base on the throw. Acker became Lesley's sixth run scorer after a Jordan Day single for an RBI.
- Day then made it all the way back to home in the fourth following junior Jordan Raab's double to center field.
- Juliana Cecere claimed her second run at the bottom of the fifth and final inning following senior Courtney Goggin's RBI with a single to center field.
- Shortstop Ashleigh Acker finished with two hits and two runs.
- Pitcher Jordan Day finished the opening game with six strikeouts.
GAME 2-INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Lesley started strongest in game two with three runs at the bottom of the second inning. Courtney Goggin singled to left field for two RBI's with Theresa Pereira and Juliana Cecere the beneficiaries of Goggin's strike from the home plate.
- Goggin made it 3-0 for the Lynx in the second after a Riley Pickett RBI who advanced to second base on the throw.
- At the bottom of the third, junior Abby Henderson singled to center field for two RBI's with left fielder Kristen DiCicco and Jordan Raab crossing the home plate.
- Mitchell responded well in the top of the fourth inning with five runs to tie the game. Their runs came from Taylor Duchesneau, Danielle Autieri, Shyla Phillips-Krick, Megan Elphick and Reanna Clark.
- The Lynx reclaimed the lead at the bottom of the fourth when Jordan Raab grounded out to third base for a sacrifice fly and an RBI with Jordan Day running for home.
- The Mariners put in a superb performance at the top of the fifth with eight runs including three RBI's at the end of the frame from catcher Danielle Autieri.
- Lesley got back within three, 13-10, following their offensive plays in the fifth inning. Riley Pickett singled to center field for two RBI's. The Lynx capitalized on the Mariner's errors with Pickett and Day both scoring off the defensive miscues.
- The visiting team added four runs in the top of the sixth inning to regain a 7 run lead.
- Lesley tacked on one run in the sixth and seventh inning, but it wasn't enough to close out the victory and surrendering with a conference split.
- In four innings of work, pitcher Jordan Day struck out eight Mitchell batters.
- Riley Pickett, Jordan Day and Kristen DiCicco all managed three hits, while Pickett added 3 RBI's
Lesley travel to play Endicott College in a non-conference double-header in Beverly, MA on Wednesday, April 18 with the action getting underway at 3pm.