Cambridge, MA: Lesley claimed both games in their conference double-header over Bay Path University on Saturday, April 21. The Lynx claimed the first game 9-1 in 6 inning fashion, while the second saw much different action going into extra innings. Lesley earned the 3-2 victory in the bottom of the ninth inning after a base loaded walk off from junior Ashleigh Acker. With the sweep, Lesley is 14-10 overall and 7-1 in the NECC. Meanwhile, Bay Path are 13-13 overall in 2018 and 6-4 in conference action.
GAME 1: INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Lesley secured the first two runs of the game in the bottom of the opening inning. With runners on first and second freshman Jordan Day singled up the middle to score Ashleigh Acker. Two batters later Kristen DiCicco hit a two RBI to bring in Riley Pickett making it 2-0.
- The Lynx struck again in the bottom of the second off a two out, 2 RBI from Day.
- Bay Path got their solitary score of the game at the top of the third inning through Lauren Vallee after a Kayla Vance sacrifice fly out to right field.
- The Lynx responded with two runs of their own at the bottom of the same inning. Abby Henderson and Ally Murphy gained the runs for the home team after senior Courtney Goggin singled down the left field line for two RBI's.
- Lesley continued their scoring spree with two more runs in the bottom of the fifth with Ashleigh Acker claiming both RBI's making it 7-1.
- Murphy sealed run-rule victory for Lesley in the sixth with a sacrifice fly to centerfield.
- Freshman Jordan Day lead the Lynx on both offense and defense going 3-4 for 3 RBI, while pitching the complete 6 inning win collecting 10 strikeouts and only allowing 2 hits.
- Theresa Pereria went 3-3, while Riley Pickett and Ally Murphy each went 2-3 at the plate.
GAME 2: INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Bay Path opened up the second game with a 2-0 lead after the first. Kayla Vance singled to right field for the first run, followed by a Lynx miscue on defense giving the Wildcats another run.
- The game became a pitchers duel, with the Lynx remaining hitless through the first 3 innings and the Wildcats not getting their next hit until the fifth.
- Lesley cut the deficit in half in the bottom of the fifth. Senior Theresa Pereira stole second base, advanced to third due to an error by the Bay Path catcher and was able to score on the loose ball tipped off the third basemen's glove.
- Lesley pitcher Jordan Day retired the Wildcat side in order, and the evened the score in the bottom of the frame. Day lead off the inning with double, than advanced to third on foul out to first base from Jordan Raab. Freshman Kristen DiCicco laid down a perfect squeeze bunt to score Day from third and tie the game 2-2 heading into the top of the seventh.
- The Wildcats threatened in the top of the seventh when Lauren Valle smoked a ball to the deep fence and tried to stretch a triple into an inside the park homerun. Lynx center fielder Courtney Goggin relayed the ball from the fence to Abby Henderson in shallow center, where Henderson was able to gun the ball home in time for the close tag play at the plate and send the game into eventual extra innings.
- Lesley earned the walk off win in the bottom of the ninth with a 3-2 count, bases loaded single from Ashleigh Acker.
- Ashleigh Acker and Jordan Day each went 2-4 at the plate.
- Day tossed the complete 9 inning game victory, striking out nine batters while only giving up 1 earned run.
Lesley welcomes Dean College for a conference double-header on Sunday, April 22. The action begins at 12pm with the second game scheduled to begin at 2pm.