Chestnuthill, Mass.- Freshman pitcher Tallin Goldberg tossed a completed game no hitter victory for the Lynx over Pine Manor College Monday afternoon. The Lynx earned the 14-0 5 inning win making their overall record 17-10 on the 2018 campaign. With the loss, the Gators fall to 0-18 this season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lelsey had a 9-run second inning on nine hits where their entire line up crossed the plate. Sophomore Ally Murphy led off the inning with a double to center. Freshman Kristen DiCicco smashed a double of her own to score Murphy for the first run of the game. Three batters later Abby Henderson ripped a single up the middle to score both Patricia Muratore and Theresa Pereira.
- Back to back hits from Ashleigh Acker and Riley Pickett got three more runs on the board for Lesley, followed by Murphy and DiCicco each adding RBI's before the inning was over.
- Lesley added three more runs in the third, capped by Pickett's two run blast, her third on the year. The Lynx added two final runs in the fifth off the bats of Jordan Day and Murphy to end their scoring spree with 14 runs.
- Freshman pitcher Tallin Goldberg kept the Gators off the bases until the fourth inning, allowing just two runners on the whole game en route to her first no hitter and victory.
- Lesley scattered 14 hits in the game with 6 of them being doubles and 1 homerun.
- Freshman Riley Pickett led the offense going 3-4 with 3 RBI's and 3 runs scored.
- Senior Theresa Pereria continues her hot streak with another perfect 3-3 day at the plate.
- Kristen DiCicco went 2-3 with 2 doubles and 2 RBI's, while Ashleigh Acker went 2-4 with 2 doubles and 3 RBI's,
- Tallin Goldberg earned her first collegiate victory in the no-hitter, striking out 2 batters and giving up no walks.
The Lynx next travel to conference foe Newbury College Tuesday April 24 with a NECC double header with first pitch slated for 3:00pm.