Fort Myers, FL - Lesley University softball split opening games of the season in Fort Myers, Florida on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx started the day with a close loss to Albion College, 3-2, but responded with an impressive win over Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), 11-7. The Lynx open the season with a 1-1 record, Albion advance to 6-7, while RIT fall to 1-1.
GAME 1-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Lesley opened the scoring at the top of the second inning. Following an Ashleigh Acker (Apopka, FL.) hit, Jordan Raab (Rochester, N.H.) notched a triple into right field bringing Acker home. Sam Jensen (Milton, MA.) followed with a single to bring home Raab, Lynx led 2-0 after two.
- Jordan Day (Seminole, FL.) finished her outing with 6 and two-third innings pitched collecting seven strikeouts.
- S. Jensen and Lindsey Jensen (Milton, MA.) combined for three stolen bases with two and one steal respectively.
- The Lynx racked up a total of nine hits from eight different student-athletes. Mahlia Medina (Winchester, CA.) racked up two hits from the leadoff spot.
GAME 2-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Lesley began the scoring in the first inning when Acker doubled to send in Riley Pickett (Rocky Hill, CT) after Pickett reached from a walk.
- Three RIT errors lead to the Lynx picking up four more runs in the third inning. Singles from Pickett and Day brought runners home, while a Raab ground out also plated a Lynx.
- Pickett, Acker, and Raab all picked up RBI's in the fourth inning extending the Lynx lead to 9-0.
- Ilana Zack (Randolph, MA) picked up two RBI's in her first plate appearance courtesy of a double to bring home Juliana Cecere (Revere, MA) and Stephanie Schofield (Woodside, CA)
- The Lynx collected 12 hits and five different student-athletes registered an RBI.
- Jen Thorburn (Groton, MA) picked up the win with 3.1 innings of work and five strikeouts.
Lesley (1-1) hit the diamond the following day, taking on St. Joseph College (CT) at 9:00AM, and playing Western Conn. St at 11:00AM, both from Naples, Florida.