Dallas, Tx.—The Lesley Women's Soccer team fell to the University of Texas at Dallas Sunday evening 4-0. The Lynx traveled to Dallas for a pair matches on the weekend, but their contest against the University of Redlands was canceled due to inclement weather. With the loss, Lesley sits at 2-2 on the year.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Comets opened up the scoring in the 16th minute of play when Keely Fillman netted a cross from the right side.
- The Comets lead the Lynx in shots 9-2 in the first half, while both squads were only able to gain 2 corner kick opportunities a piece.
- The comets wasted no time scoring their first of three goals in the second half in the 50th minute. The Comets made it 3 nil in the 59th minute when Sofia Munoz chipped a shot over Lynx keeper Jill Narby.
- The fourth and final goal of the night came three minutes later from Stephanie White. White received a short pass from the right side and was able to tap it in the net from inside the goal box.
- UT Dallas finished with 13 shots, seven on frame, compared to just four shots by the visiting Lynx. Lesley managed just two shots on goal.
The Lynx are back in Boston Thursday September 13 when they travel to Simmons College in another non-conference match.