Medford, Mass— The Lesley University men's basketball team fell to visiting Dean College 107-66 in the NECC Conference match Saturday afternoon. The win gives the Bulldogs their sixth on the season and first in conference with an overall record of 6-4. The Lynx continue to chase their first victory and fall to 0-8.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Dean opened the game on a 12-1 run sparked by Dayvon Russell's six points. Daniel O'Donnell sunk a 3-pointer for the Lynx out of a timeout to give the home squad some energy.
- After a Bulldogs trey from Jordan Booker, Chase Howard and Joey Martin sent Lesley on a 11-3 run to close the gap 18-15 in favor of Dean.
- The team traded buckets until Dean went on a 12-0 run hallway through the first to earn their largest lead of the night, 34-20 with eight left to play in the first.
- Martin and O'Donnell sparked a 12-3 run for the Lynx capped off by a Treyvon Trent make from beyond the arc to get within six, 36-32.
- Dean then went out a 19-0 run to end the first half 55-32, and never let the Lynx get back in the remainder of the game.
- Russell had a game high 30 points with 5 steals, while Booker added 26 points and 4 steals in the win for the Bulldogs. Armani Baker had a big game in the paint working his way to a 19 point game.
- Trent and Martin led the Lynx offense with 19 points apiece, while Howard added 17 points.
- Dean dominated the inside tallying 48 points in the paint to Lesley's 22. The Bulldog bench also proved their depth with 29 bench points to the Lynx 6.
The Lynx have their final home contest before the holiday Tuesday December 11 against Anna Maria College at 8pm.