MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley men's basketball team opened their season with an 86-77 loss to non-conference opponent Curry College. The Lynx move to 0-1 on the season with the loss, while the Colonels advance to 2-0.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx held their only lead of the night when Chase Howard made a free throw to set the score at 1-0, but they never let the Colonels too far out of their reach.
- Howard started his season off on fire, leading the Lynx with 26 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 assists in 33 minutes. He had 18 of his 26 in the first half, keeping Lesley within five of Curry.
- Kostas Tatsis had a great debut for the Lynx, scoring 17 points and grabbing 8 rebounds off the bench. Tatsis led the Lynx with 11 second half points in 12 second half minutes.
- After a close first half, the Lynx held strong but hit some low marks in the second half. They turned the ball over eight times and allowed Daymeann Stewart and Jared Thorpe-Johnson to score in double figures in the later twenty minutes.
- Four Curry starters scored in double figures, with Thorpe-Johnson leading the way with 20. Stewart had 19, while Spencer Feng and Kieran Carroll each had 14. Thorpe-Johnson added twelve rebounds to complete the double-double.
- As a team, Lesley outrebounded Curry 44 to 38, but the Colonels took advantage of their opportunities more, scoring 16 second chance points to Lesley's 8.
- The Colonels did more of their damage beyond of the arc, shooting 33.3% from three. The Lynx got nothing going in that department, shooting only 16.7% from three on the night.
- Lesley also left points on the board with missed free throws. Curry went 6 for 7 from the line, while the Lynx got more chances but couldn't convert, going 13 for 20.
The Lynx are back in action on Sunday November 10th when they travel to Rivier College for a 3 PM tip-off.