Quincy, MA. - #4 Lesley University softball was beaten by #1 Eastern Nazarene College, 7-1, on Thursday afternoon at Mitchell/McCoy Field. The Lynx now move to the loser's bracket in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) tournament. Lesley move to 24-14 overall, while the Lions improve to 25-12.
- The Lions would post the first runs of the game with an RBI double, followed by a 2-run homerun in the first inning for a 3-0 lead. ENC would tack on four more runs in bottom of the third to take a commanding 7-0 lead. The runs come courtesy of a RBI single and a 3-run homerun.
- Lesley would score its first in the top of the fourth. After singles from Jordan Day (Seminole, FL.) and Jordan Raab (Rochester, N.H.), and an Ally Murphy (Raynham, MA.) walk, Stephanie Schofield (Woodside, CA.) reached on a hit by pitch to give the Lynx its first run of the game. The Lynx could not take advantage of the base runners as the Lions worked out of the inning.
- The Lynx would threaten in the fifth after a lead-off double from Mahlia Medina (Winchester, CA.), although the Lynx could not push Medina home as the Lions closed the inning with in the next three batters.
- Lesley would put runners on the base paths over the next two innings but could not find another run as the Lions held out for a 7-1 win. Day takes the loss allowing seven runs on five hits, in two and third innings. Jen Thorburn (Groton, MA) pitched three and two thirds of relief striking out five batters.
- The Lynx matched the Lions five hits, with Day providing two, and Medina, Raab, and Schofield each providing a base knock.
Lesley (24-14) will fight to keep season alive with a game against Newbury College on Friday, May 3 at 8:00PM. The game will be played in Boston, MA at Carr Softball Diamond on the campus of Wentworth Technology.